Win tickets to Gary Barlow's launch party for Fly, the Eddie the Eagle soundtrack.
On Friday 18th March, London’s One Mayfair will play host to an incredible one-off live music event to celebrate the release of Fly - Songs Inspired By The Film Eddie The Eagle. Gary Barlow, one of the UK’s most successful and well-respected singer-songwriters, will bring together the stars of the film Eddie The Eagle, alongside some of the biggest music legends from the 80’s who all feature on the brand new album, released on the 18th March.
This exclusive live show is the ultimate homage to one of the icon’s of the 80’s, Eddie The Eagle Edwards.
In what promises to be a unique and very special night of music and entertainment, the audience will be treated to performances from Holly Johnson, Tony Hadley, Paul Young, Nik Kershaw, Howard Jones and Go West who will all perform their new songs from the album, Fly, as well as a selection of their biggest and most well-known hits including Gold (Tony Hadley), Power of Love (Holly Johnson), What Is Love (Howard Jones) and many more.
For information on how to get tickets to this one-off show, please go to: https://www.facebook.com/UniversalMusicCatalogue. Or, you can win them from The Version. Make sure you're following @theversion on Twitter and to be first to know when the competition opens, like us at facebook.com/theversionuk.
Whilst you're at it, to be sure to hear about forthcoming competitions, sign up for our mailer on the front page too.
Please refer to the T&C's below before entering.
‘Fly’ (Songs Inspired By The Film Eddie The Eagle), is set for release on 18th March 2016 through Universal Music. The album, the brainchild of Take That’s Gary Barlow, feature some of the biggest stars from this incredible period in pop music history. An album of new studio recordings and original songs which perfectly capture the mood of the era and the struggles faced by Michael “Eddie the Eagle” Edwards and his quest for Olympic stardom.
‘Fly’ (Songs Inspired By The Film Eddie The Eagle) released 18th March 2016
Eddie The Eagle - released in the UK on 1st April 2016 with previews form Easter Monday March 28th
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and conditions
1. Competition closes on Thursday 17th March 2016 at 2pm GMT .
2. The Promoter is Lions Gate International (UK) Limited of 5th Floor, 45 Mortimer Street, London, W1W 8HJ (Company No. 08936180). The competition is run in association with theversion.co.uk and Grapevine Digital Limited.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over when entering the competition and resident in the UK. Proof of age and residence will be required to receive the prize.
4. When entering through Twitter, users must follow @theversion and retweet the appropriate tweet and include @theversion by the closing time stated above.
5. Entrants will need access to the internet to enter the competition. By entering though Twitter, a valid Twitter account that clearly identifies the holder as being a Twitter user is needed.
6. All entrants must abide by the terms and conditions required by Twitter.
- Proof of submission shall not be proof of receipt. Entries that are incomplete, incorrectly filled in, illegal, illegible, in the incorrect format or fraudulent or those not received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed invalid and not accepted. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for technical failures which prevent an entrant from submitting an entry and no responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries lost, corrupted or delayed in transmission.
8. Prize for each winner is 2 x tickets to the album launch party at One Mayfair 13A North Audley Street, London W1K 6ZA (Doors: 6pm, Start: 7pm) on Friday 18th March 2016, which is non-refundable and non-transferable. Prize does not include travel or accommodation.
9. The prize winner(s) will be chosen at random and contacted by a representative from Grapevine by email/telephone provided on entry/direct message to their Twitter profile within 24 hours of the competition closing date.
10. In order to receive the prize, the winner(s) must respond within 24 hours of initial contact.
11. If the prize winner(s) fails to respond within 24 hours of notification, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative prize winner(s) will be contacted.
12. By entering the competition, the prize winner(s) confirms that they are free to attend the album launch party from 6pm on the day of the event.
- Tickets for entry to the album launch party can be collected by the prize winner(s) on the day of the event with proof of ID required to receive the prize.
- If the prize winner(s) is aged under 18, they must be accompanied by an adult to the album launch party. No one under 15 will be admitted.
- Entry to and attendance at the album launch party is subject to respectful and appropriate behaviour. The dress code is smart. The Promoter reserves the right to deny the prize winner(s) and their guest(s) entry and revoke their attendance at the event should they not adhere to the dress code and should they behave inappropriately.
- The venue reserves the right to refuse entry in accordance with its own policies.
- The event may be filmed by the Promoter as part of the publicity for Eddie the Eagle. The prize winner(s) and their guest(s) may be asked to sign a release form giving their permission should they be in the background of any footage.
18. In the unlikely event that the album launch party is cancelled, no alternative event will be arranged and no alternative prize will be available for the prize winner(s).
- This competition is not open to employees of Lions Gate International (UK) Limited, Grapevine Digital Limited or theversion.co.uk or associated agents of those companies or anyone else professionally connected with this competition.
20. The Promoter reserves the right in exceptional circumstances to vary, amend or withdraw this competition on reasonable notice.
21. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
22. The prize may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the prize winner(s).
23. The prize winner(s) must confirm their address in order to receive the prize.
24. By entering the competition, the prize winner(s) gives consent for their name, contact number and address to be passed to a third party provider for delivery of the prize. Save for the exception above, the Promoter will not pass any personal data to any third party unless required to do so by law or an appropriate regulatory authority.
25. The Promoter will not be responsible for failure to deliver the prize caused by the delivery/postal service.
26. By entering the competition, entrants are sending their personal information to the Promoter who will at all times process an entrant’s personal data in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and applicable laws.
27. The Promoter's decision is final in every situation and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
28. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Promotor assumes no liability for any claim, loss or damage arising (whether directly or indirectly).
29. Entry into the competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
30. The name(s) of the prize winner(s) will be announced on the Promoter’s website and may be obtained for three months after the competition close date by sending a signed handwritten request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope to the Marketing Team, Lionsgate, 5th Floor, 45 Mortimer Street, London, W1W 8HJ marked with the name ‘EDDIE THE EAGLE ALBUM LAUNCH PARTY COMPETITION WINNERS’.
31. These Terms and Conditions will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.